BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 24, 2011

Reality Is Starting to Sink In!!!

So I was sitting at my desk today at work and reality started to sink in that I'm leaving in 2 weeks! I can't believe that I'll be leaving for basic soon. Don't get me wrong...I'm extremely excited to go. I'm ready for the Drill Sergeants to get up in my face and yell at me (yeah I'm actually ready for it) and I'm ready to constantly get "dropped" and made to do push-ups. I know all of this is what makes basic training and I'm ready for it. What I'm not ready for is to leave my husband, Mr. E. We won't even be married for a month yet when I ship out for basic. We're going to spend almost the first year of our marriage apart but I know that comes with military marriages. This is just a little touch of what we'll be going through when he deploys again and when I go through my first deployment. But...off to the gym I go! I still have to work on this 2 mile run...I will not let it defeat me lol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drill Sergeants.... My father was one of those. Ugh! lol He made me do PT, so for years I hated exercise! Good luck with your 2 mile run. You can do it!

My husband and I were separated for our 1st year of marriage because he was in basic, then A School, and then C School. He moved to WA in October 2006, and I didn't join him until December because I was about to graduate from college. I'm sure you and your husband will be fine. You both just have to stay strong and communicate as much as possible, and you'll be able to handle the periods of separation. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouraging words! I know we're going to be fine...I just have to get used to the whole military separation thing! It sucks but it's something that us military spouses have to go through! :o)